- Ad Source: Craigslist
- Location: Austin, TX
- Model Year: 2003
- Miles: 112K
- Asking Price:
- Seller Type: Private
- Contact Info: Email Seller
Additional Information / Message
Lovingly nicknamed “Walt”. . .a fully renovated and functional 2003 Eurovan Camper with ~112k miles.
2003 was the rarest and last year for the Eurovan Camper, and Walt is one of the best maintained you will find. I am the 3rd “operating” owner (original owner was a female school teacher and owned 7 years, then an intermediate seller purchased and resold it, then a second “operating” female owner for 2012, and I have owned since early 2013). The owner prior to me purchased for $36,400, and when I purchased the van, many items on the vehicle were not working and needed a lot of TLC, time, and investment. Perfect operating versions of these often sell at over $40k, and sometimes for over $50k. . .so while $39k is quite a bit of money, it is a good value for this van.
I’m “that guy” you want to buy a vehicle from because I’m a very particular mechanical engineer from the automotive / motorcycle industry that is very thorough and maintain my possessions (cars, motorcycles, bicycles, house, etc.) in top condition. I’ve gone through every functional part of Walt, and they are all in top working condition (there are so many components to these campers, so really investigate any ones you consider buying!). In two years, my wife and I have travelled almost 20k miles in Walt, and just completed a 3k trip to the Carolinas with zero issues.
I can go through a complete list of all the little repairs and improvements, but you can tell by the pictures that this is a very rare van that is fully sorted and ready for some great new memories. We are only selling due to a job change and needing to purchase two new daily-driver cars.
For those of you that don’t know about the Eurovan Camper, watch the video here. . .it’s cheesy but covers most of the great features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZ4_ND5NF4
One of the best places for detailed information on Eurovan Campers is www.gowesty.com, and information on why the 2001-2003 Eurovans are the most desirable is here: http://www.gowesty.com/library_article.php?id=1435
Quick highlights include the 2.8 liter 24V VR6 (narrow angle V6) engine with 201HP, pop-top, stainless steel sink, two-burner stove/range, refrigerator that operates on DC/AC/propane, heating furnace, fresh water tank, grey water tank, under vehicle propane tank (including the expensive and rare factory cover), sleeping for 2 below, sleeping for 2 above, front captain seats that rotate to face rear, twin table assemblies for meals, coach battery. . .it’s an amazing job of packaging a lot into a little!
Newly Replaced Items:
• Winnebago canvas
• New mid and rear muffler system
• New battery
• Engine mounts
• Propane Tank
• Propane Regulator
• Alternator & wiring harness
• Torque Convertor
• Refrigerator propane components
• Curtain shade mounts
• New CO and smoke detectors
• New windshield (replaced due to a crack caused by stone)
• All original owner manuals and detailed service history
• AT Italia 16″ wheels with correct offset (very hard to find)
• New load-rated 215/65/R16XL Bridgestone Dueler tires (less than 6k miles on them) & 4-wheel alignment
• Rhino-line lower body & fender treatment
• Lifted and leveled via front torsion-bar adjustment
• Rear 2″ Receiver Hitch
• Leather steering wheel cover and custom gray genuine sheepskins for front captain seats
• Power Invertor custom mounted
• Sony CD player with USB & AUX inputs & remote control
• VW Heavy Duty front floor mats
• Carpeted mat for camper floor
• Screened front window covers for hot weather
• Winnebago factory option rear hatch screened insert for hot weather
• Sliding door screened assembly for hot weather (uninstalled and new in packaging)
The electronic adjustment for the left and right side rear-view mirrors do not work, but the mirrors can be adjusted manually. Also, the front disc brake light came on recently, which means the front pads should be replaced…I will do this after I return from a business trip on the 25th of January. There are also some small tears in the screens that have been patched…three small locations only.
More pictures available upon request.
Pictured below are more photos of this Eurovan Camper For Sale